Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Learning
During work and play children develop their personal and social skills.
They are taught:
- that everyone is good at something
- to sort out their differences by 'talking' rather than physically hurting someone. Kells Infant School is "A no hurting School"
- that a balanced diet, exercise and sleep are important to be healthy
- that drugs should only ever be taken as medicine given by a doctor.
At Kells Infant School the children will have the opportunity to participate in the KIDSAFE UK Programme which is delivered by a Kidsafe trained tutor - Mrs Taylor. The programme is delivered in the classroom with active participation from children and class teachers. The course is age appropriate with key messages on how to stay safe delivered through a variety of media including:
- group work
- rhyme and action
- puppetry - KS - monkey puppet.
- group discussion